Oprah Winfrey said it best when she declared, “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” It wasn’t until I made that discovery for myself that my life turned in the right direction, and I started living a life of abundance.
I had been living with a scarcity mentality— entirely unbeknownst to me. The term “scarcity mentality” wasn’t even in my vocabulary, but it completely occupied my mind. I was living in fear, discontent, and hopelessness.
These feelings didn’t necessarily express themselves in big ways, but in lots of little ways. Lots of little “what ifs” and “I’ll nevers” plagued my thoughts. What if I don’t get the job? I’ll never be able to buy a house. What if I’m not smart enough? I’ll never get the promotion. What if… I’ll never… the negative thoughts swirled.
But those negative thoughts did more than swirl around my mind. They attacked. They pecked at my self-worth, my hope, and even my dreams. At first, the thoughts seemed as harmless as a tiny bird, but then the flock of thoughts began to overwhelm me. It was as if Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds was playing on repeat in my mind.
I was so focused on the ‘what ifs’ and ‘nevers’ of my future that I couldn’t see the ‘what haves’ and ‘always’ that surrounded me in my present
What did I have? What could I always count on?… Everything!
Once I adopted a mindset of abundance, I started looking for things to be grateful for. And let me tell you, those things were everywhere! I was completely surrounded by beauty, gifts, blessings, kindness, love, and hope.
The foundation of an abundant mentality is GRATITUDE. Once you lay that foundation, you can build anything on it: a career change, financial freedom, self-confidence, healthy lifestyle, dream home, fruitful family, and so much more!
How to Embrace an Abundance Mindset & Overcome Your Scarcity Mindset
Living a life of abundance begins with one decision. It begins with deciding to be content where you are, even as you move forward. It begins with deciding to be grateful for what you have, even as you work to have more. It begins with deciding to be grateful!
But after you make that first decision, you will have to work every day to control your thoughts. You will have to steer them away from negativity and towards positivity. To be honest, it will be a bigger challenge at first than you might expect. You’ll be shocked when you realize how often negative thoughts occupy your mind.
It will get easier, though!
Very soon, you will start to see how your mental transformation transforms every aspect of your physical life. You will see how you can truly change your future by changing your mindset. You will see that you have made the greatest discovery of all time.
To help starve your scarcity mentality and nurture your abundance mentality, I have compiled 49 of the greatest abundance mindset quotes. Let them guide you and inspire you to break free from the weak thoughts that are holding you back from an empowered reality.
49 Abundance Mindset Quotes
- “Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.” -Wayne Dyer
- “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.” -Wayne Dyer
- “An abundance mentality springs from internal security, not from external rankings, comparisons, opinion, possessions, or associations.” -Stephen Covey
- “Most people are deeply scripted in what I call the Scarcity Mentality. They see life as having only so much, as though there were only one pie out there. And if someone were to get a big piece of the pie it would mean less for everybody else… Instead, I have an Abundance Mentality: when people are genuinely happy at the successes of others, the pie gets larger.” -Stephen Covey
- “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” -Steve Maraboli
- “When you focus on what you have, your abundance increases. I started with my breath. Noticing being alive is a good start!” –Oprah Winfrey
- “Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more; if you concentrate on what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough.” -Oprah Winfrey
- “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” -Oprah Winfrey
- “The key to abundance is meeting limited circumstances with unlimited thoughts.” -Marianne Williamson
- “Abundance is about being rich, with or without money.” -Suze Orman
- “When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you’ll have financial freedom.” -Suze Orman
- “True abundance isn’t based on our net worth, it’s based on our self-worth.” -Gabrielle Bernstein
- “Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” -Lao Tzu
- “Abundance flows in many forms, do not limit your flow by trying to control how abundance comes to you, just know that it will come.” -Shelly Sullivan
- “Riches are not from abundance of worldly goods, but from a contented mind.” -Nzar Mohammed
- “Abundance, even of good things, prevents them from being valued.” -Miguel de Cervantes
- “One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.” -Rober A. Heinlein (good fortune of other people)
- “From testimonials and personal experience, we have enough information to conclude that it’s possible to design and live an extraordinary life.” -Jim Rohn
- “We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feeling as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us.” -Albert Einstein
- “The fastest way to bring more wonderful examples of abundance into you personal experience is to take constant notice of the wonderful things that are already there.” -Esther Hicks
- “There is no greater wealth in this world than peace of mind.” -Unknown Author
- “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” -Tony Robbins
- “Abundance comes from within. It comes from thought, intention, attention, and expectation.” -Deepak Chopra
- “You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.” -Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Whatever you are waiting for- peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of Simple Abundance- it will surely come, but only when you are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.” -Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “As for time, all men have it in abundance.” -George Clason
- “The opposite of scarcity is not abundance. It is enough.” -Brene Brown
- “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.” -Joel Osteen
- “See yourself living in abundance and you will attract it. It works every time with every person.” -Bob Proctor
- “Why are you so enchanted by this world, when a mine of gold lies within you?” -Rumi
- “There is no shortage of money or time. There is no shortage. And any attention to shortage of something wanted will always produce negative emotion within you because your guidance is letting you know that you have strayed from your broader basic understanding of abundance and well-being.” -Abraham Hicks
- “Treat negative emotions like negative people. Acknowledge their presence and make whatever changes are required to remove them from your life” -Author Unknown
- “Effective people are not problem-minded; they’re opportunity-minded. They feed opportunities and starve problems.” –Peter Drucker
- “Do not pursue what is illusory- property and position: all that is gained at the expense of your nerves decade after decade and can be confiscated in one fell night. Live with a steady superiority over life- don’t be afraid of misfortune, and do not yearn after happiness; it is after all, all the same: the bitter doesn’t last forever, and the sweet never fills the cup to overflowing.” -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- “If you want love and abundance in your life, give it away.” -Mark Twain
- “Life in abundance comes only through great love.” -Elbert Hubbard
- “Giving is the secret of abundance.” -Sivananda
- “Making a dream into reality begins with what you have, not with what you are waiting on.” -T.F. Hodge
- “Choose joyful abundance in your heart and be unbounded, free, and relaxed. Be relentless with your choice and you’ll make your mark.” -Amy Leigh Mercree
- “Expect your every need to be met, expect the answer to every problem, expect abundance on every level, expect to grow spiritually.” -Eileen Caddy
- “When I think about creating abundance, it’s not about creating a life of luxury for everybody on this plenty; it’s about creating a life of possibility. It is about taking that which was scarce and making it abundant.” -Peter Diamandis
- “Gratitude builds a bridge to abundance.” -Roy Bennett
- “God’s wealth circulates in my life, it flows to me in avalanches of abundance. All my needs, desires and goals are met instantaneously, for I am one with God and He is everything!” -Anthony Robbins
- “The only lack in life is that thought of lack… lack is simply a state of consciousness in man.” -Eric Butterworth
- “Remember, no more effort is required to aim high in life, to demand abundance and prosperity, than is required to accept misery and poverty.” –Napoleon Hill
- “Abundance and prosperity begin with gratitude and appreciation.” -Anthon St. Maarten
- “In a growth mindset, challenges are exciting rather than threatening. So rather than thinking, oh, I’m going to reveal my weaknesses, you say, wow, here’s a chance to grow.” -Stanford psychologist Carol Dweck
- “You own self-realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” -Ramana Maharshi
- “The journey to financial freedom starts the minute you decide you were destined for prosperity, not scarcity- for abundance, not lack. Isn’t there a part of you that has always known that? Can you see yourself living a bounteous life- a life of more than enough? It only takes one minute to decide. Decide now.” -Mark Victor Hansen
How Can an Abundance Mindset Lead to a Fulfilling Career?
The day I adopted an abundance mindset is the day I stepped foot on my fulfilling career path. Now, I live and work as an example of peaceful and intentional living. My husband and I are on a mission to help young professionals to do the same. We provide the tools, resources, and guidance for prosperous and peaceful career development.
We urge you to connect with us, and let us know how we can help you pursue a meaningful and fulfilling career. Email us today, and we promise to personally respond as quickly as possible!
Read Next: Is There a Difference Between Meaning and Purpose?